Published: 08:56, 21 February 2021
| Updated: 09:09, 21 February 2021
Firefighters are reminding residents of the dangers of chimney fires after they were called to blaze at a home near Tonbridge.
The incident happened in The Freehold in Hadlow around 8.20pm last night.
One fire engine was sent to the scene and crews wearing breathing apparatus used chimney gear to extinguish the flames.
No casualties were reported, and the cause is believed to be accidental.
If you have a woodburner at home fire crews advise you inspect, maintain and sweep your chimney and flue regularly to reduce the risk of fire.
You should also avoid overloading the grate or building fires too high, and only dispose of ash once it has fully cooled.