Home   Tonbridge   News   Article

Bedroom fire at home on Farm Lane, Tonbridge started by smoking materials

A fire which broke out in a bedroom at a home in Tonbridge was started after smoking materials left near an open window blew onto bedding, firefighters say.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to the property on Farm Lane just after 3.30pm yesterday afternoon. Three fire engines attended to tackle the blaze which broke out on the third floor.

Farm Lane, Tonbridge. Picture: Google Street View
Farm Lane, Tonbridge. Picture: Google Street View

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets and a high pressure fan was used to clear the property of smoke.

There were no reported casualties and the fire is believed to have started accidentally.

Firefighters have now issued fresh warnings reminding smokers to take extra care in making sure smoking materials are fully extinguished and cooled, before being disposed of.

Read more:All the latest news from Tonbridge


More by this author


This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More