Published: 09:34, 08 July 2020
| Updated: 09:35, 08 July 2020
Embers from a discarded camp fire caused a woodland fire last night.
The incident happened off the A21 near Pembury and the flames spread to a wooden seating area and some trees.
Firefighters were called to the scene shortly after 8.30pm and used a hose reel, drag rakes and beaters to put out the fire. They were stood down shortly before 10pm.
No casualties were reported and it is believed the incident was caused accidentally when embers from a discarded camp fire spread to the surrounding area.
A Kent Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "People are reminded to always make sure outdoor fires such as bonfires, fire pits, barbecues or camp fires, are never left unattended while lit and to ensure the fire is completely out before leaving.
"Fires should be kept well away from any properties, fences, trees or overhanging branches, which could easily catch alight."
Read moreTunbridge Wells
More by this authorRhys Griffiths
This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)