Home   Weald   News   Article

Fire in Goudhurst Road, Cranbrook, destroys boardgames

By Joe Wright

Boardgames stored in a cupboard went up in flames following a chimney fire.

Floorboards were also set alight as the household blaze in Goudhurst Road, Cranbrook, spread due to the chimney liner overheating.

Firefighters managed to prevent the fire from spreading further and extinguished the blaze yesterday evening.

Fire crews remained at the scene for two hours. Stock photo
Fire crews remained at the scene for two hours. Stock photo

Crews used a height vehicle and arrived in four engines before dealing with the fire between 7.30pm and 9.30pm.

Following the incident, Kent Fire and Rescue are reminding residents to regularly have their chimneys maintained and swept.

Read more: All the latest news from Weald

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More