Home   Whitstable   News   Article

Cat given oxygen after fire in Harwich Street in Whitstable caused by items left on kitchen hob

A cat was given oxygen after a kitchen fire believed to have been sparked by items left on a hob.

Two crews were sent to a property on Harwich Street in Whitstable at 7.50am today.

Fire crews were called to a house fire in Harwich Street in Whitstable this morning. Picture: Google Street View
Fire crews were called to a house fire in Harwich Street in Whitstable this morning. Picture: Google Street View

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet and a covering jet to tackle the blaze at the rear of the house.

The pet cat was rescued from the property and given oxygen via an animal oxygen mask.

No further casualties were reported.

Following the incident, crews would like to remind people to keep ovens and hobs clean and clear - to reduce the risk of a kitchen fire.

Read more: All the latest news from Whitstable

For more news on fires in the county, click here.


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More