Home   Whitstable   News   Article

Electrical blaze after device charging at Walmer Way, Whitstable, say firefighters

Two fire engines were called out to an electrical blaze at a house today.

They were called out at exactly 10.56am to Walmer Road in Whitstable.

The fire brigade has now given a safety warning. Library image
The fire brigade has now given a safety warning. Library image

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.

They then used a high pressure fan to clear the property of smoke.

No casualties were reported, saysKent Fire and Rescue Service, and the crews were at the scene for less than half an hour.

KFRS says the blaze broke out in a utility room after it’s believed battery-powered tools overheated and caught light while on charge.

A spokesman said: "We remind residents to take care when using extension leads or multi-plug adapters and to reduce the risk of overheating them."

The brigade says people should never plug in appliances that together use more than 13 amps or 3,000 watts of energy.

Read more:All the latest news from Whitstable

Read more


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More