Home   Whitstable   News   Article

Sunlight on mirror leads to fire, Kingsdown Park, Whitstable

Sunlight on a mirror caused a blaze in a bedroom, firefighters believe.

The light then reflected onto curtains, which caught fire.

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus for this incident. Library picture
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus for this incident. Library picture

The flames then spread to the carpet.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to the property at Kingsdown Park, Whitstable, just after 1pm yesterday.

Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames. No casualties were reported.

A KFRS spokesman said: "Crews are advising the public to ensure all mirrors and reflective objects such as crystal and glass ornaments, are kept out of direct sunlight, to reduce the risk of a fire."

The fire brigade was at the scene for less than 50 minutes.

Read more:All the latest news from Whitstable

Read more


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More