Share

Clear

Tue

15°C | 7°C

Sunny spells

Wed

13°C | 8°C

Cloudy

Thu

16°C | 13°C

Home   Ashford   News   Article

Fire crews called to Bond Road, Ashford, after neighbours spot out of control bonfire from window

14 June 2014
by Samantha Williams

Fire crews tackled an out of control bonfire last night after it sparked up again when the homeowners went to bed. 

Fire crews received a call at 2.30am from concerned residents who spotted a blaze in their neighbour's garden in Bond Road. 

On arrival fire crews discovered an unattended bonfire which had started again.

Fire crews tackled an out of control bonfire. Stock picture.

Fire crews tackled an out of control bonfire. Stock picture.

Officer Steve Coulson said: "The owners thought it was out and had gone to bed. But it sparked up again. The neighbours spotted it out the window and called us.

"We would just like to remind people to make sure all bonfires are out before you leave them."

 

Click here for more news from Ashford.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.