Home   Ashford   News   Article

Fire crews called to Bond Road, Ashford, after neighbours spot out of control bonfire from window

By Samantha Williams

Fire crews tackled an out of control bonfire last night after it sparked up again when the homeowners went to bed.

Fire crews received a call at 2.30am from concerned residents who spotted a blaze in their neighbour's garden in Bond Road.

On arrival fire crews discovered an unattended bonfire which had started again.

The man suffered 25 degree burns. Stock picture
The man suffered 25 degree burns. Stock picture

Officer Steve Coulson said: "The owners thought it was out and had gone to bed. But it sparked up again. The neighbours spotted it out the window and called us.

"We would just like to remind people to make sure all bonfires are out before you leave them."

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More