Share

Mostly sunny

Wed

18°C | 6°C

Sunny spells

Thu

18°C | 10°C

Sunny spells

Fri

19°C | 8°C

Home   Canterbury   News   Article

Whitstable man rescued by firefighters after a kitchen flat fire in Wicketts End

17 February 2014
by Jamie Bullen

Firefighters rescued a man from his flat today after smoke filled his kitchen when he fell asleep boiling eggs.

Two Whitstable fire crews were called to an address in Wicketts End at 11.45am after they were alerted by a passer by.

Two fire crews were called to the scene

Fire crews were called to a roof fire in Goudhurst

Kent Fire and Rescue spokesman Alan Bradford says the man, believed to be in his 40s, fell asleep cooking eggs with smoke seeping from the boiling pan.

He was rescued from the flat suffering smoke inhalation before being treated by ambulance crews at the scene.

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel to tackle the flames before leaving the address at 12.10pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click here for more news from Canterbury.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.