A woman slipped and cut her arm and suffered smoke inhalation after a fire last night.
Firefighters from Dartford were called to a house in Turner Court just before 11pm.
The fire is believed to have been caused after the woman, thought to be in her early 60’s, had left a tea light burning on the television before she went to bed.
Dartford watch manager Dave Read said: "The property had a working smoke alarm which woke the woman.
"On discovering the fire she attempted to extinguish it by throwing water over it.
"Unfortunately, this made the laminate flooring wet and she slipped, cutting her arm. She also suffered slight smoke inhalation
"Luckily the woman was still able to get out of her property to safety but had she been seriously injured during the fall, the outcome could have been very different.
"Just three breaths of fire smoke can be enough to knock you unconscious."
They used a hose reel to tackle the small fire and a ventilation fan to clear the house of smoke.
Paramedics carried out precautionary checks at the scene and treated the woman for minor cuts.
Don't miss out, subscribe today. Keep up to date with our newsletters.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating! PLUS, register for free!.
Find out what's going on in the garden, with Kent expert Lucy Hewett's weekly update.
Buy pictures that you've seen in a KM newspaper, or send in a picture and we will place it on our photo sales website so that you can purchase a super, unique gift.