Home   Herne Bay   News   Article

Herne Bay: Fire crews race to chopping board blaze after child turns cooker on

By KentOnline reporter

A wooden chopping board went up in flames after a young child accidentally turned a cooker on.

Fire crews raced to the house in William Street, Herne Bay, just after 10am this morning.

There were no injuries, but crews are now reminding residents not to keep flammable items on hobs.

A young child accidentally turned the cooker on. Stock pic

A young child accidentally turned the cooker on. Stock pic

A fire service spokesman said: "Fortunately the occupant discovered the fire before it could spread and raised the alarm. 

"Residents should avoid storing flammable items on top of hobs and to consider turning cookers off at the mains switch when not in use, to prevent them being switched on accidentally."

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More