Join us for an in depth three hour workshop on letters of credit demystified (advanced). It will address a wide range of issues that can occur with documentary letters of credit.
The main outcomes for the exporter or importer will be:
Understanding where to go for assistance, when required:
– Getting letters of credit opened correctly in the first place
– Achieving compliant documents, on first presentation
– Understanding what risks are actually covered by each letter of credit
As a result costly amendments and delays can be avoided and traders can be more sure of payment.
You will leave with an understanding of:
– The basic principles of documentary credits
– Types of credit, their uses and characteristics
– The issuing, advising, confirming and negotiation process
Who should attend?
– Exporters who want to be sure of being paid
– Importers who need to limit the time their resources are tied up as a result of their bank’s contingent liability under the letter of credit
– Freight Forwarders and logistics service providers who will benefit from an update
– Bank international trade advisers
– All other international traders and advisers
One of the Core 10 courses accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce.
Candidates achieving pass or merit in the course will receive a certificate.
Those who pass in 6 courses will achieve a nationally recognised Foundation Award in International Trade.
The course will be presented by Graham Card MIEx (Grad) International Trade Adviser at the Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.