Sunny spells


16°C | 8°C



16°C | 7°C

Light rain


14°C | 6°C

Home   Kent   Sport   Article

Ryman League round-up

22 December 2013
by Steve Tervet

Folkestone's hat-trick hero Johan Ter Horst runs at the Crawley Down defence

Folkestone Invicta's hat-trick hero Johan Ter Horst runs at Crawley Down

Folkestone Invicta moved into the play-off places for Christmas by thrashing Crawley Down 8-0 in Ryman League Division 1 South.

Teenage striker Johan Ter Horst helped himself to a hat-trick and Dane Luchford scored twice, while there were also goals for Paul Booth, Nat Blanks and Micheal Everitt.

Neil Cugley's side have now won three on the spin and they have not been beaten at the Fullicks Stadium in 11 outings, a run which stretches back to September.

Their next game is a Boxing Day derby against local rivals Hythe Town, who lost 4-1 at Tooting & Mitcham on Saturday.

Shaun Welford scored his 12th goal in as many matches but Hythe have now lost five of their last six games and have dropped to 14th.

Faversham Town had their three-game winning run ended by Walton Casuals, who won 1-0 at Salters Lane.

The Lilywhites are two points outside the play-offs ahead of their Boxing Day clash with Sittingbourne, whose fixture at Three Bridges on Saturday was called off.

Herne Bay flew back from Guernsey empty-handed after suffering a 4-2 defeat at the hands of the Channel Islanders.

The visitors were already 3-0 down when they had Ben Brown sent off and despite goals from Sam Hasler and James Turner, they couldn't get back into the game.

There was frustration for Whitstable Town, who led Redhill 2-0 at the Belmont when the floodlights failed and play was abandoned.

Steve Hafner and Ross Webb had put Nicky Southall's side in control but the game came to a premature end with 62 minutes on the clock.

Ramsgate's trip to Leatherhead was postponed, as were the Ryman League Division 1 North fixtures involving Chatham Town, Erith & Belvedere and VCD Athletic.

In the Premier Division, a 2-1 defeat away to promotion rivals Wealdstone has left Maidstone United six points off top spot.

Zac Attwood gaves the Stones a first-half lead but Wealdstone equalised within 40 seconds of the restart and went on to grab a winner.

Margate drew 2-2 with Hampton & Richmond in Terry Brown's first home game in charge of the Thanet side.

The home side trailed twice but goals from Matt Bodkin and Charles Ademeno - in the 90th minute - rescued a point for the Gate.

Basement boys Cray Wanderers had their home game against Leiston postponed.

Click here for more sport from Kent.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Sorry, comments are not enabled for this article.

Login or register to post commentsPost Comment

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email or call 01634 227989.