Your location is set to Dartford
Published: 00:00, 30 June 2014 |
Updated: 09:51, 30 June 2014
A Maidstone woman was treated for minor burns to her back on Saturday, after her clothing caught fire while she was cooking.
The woman, thought to be in her late 30’s, had turned her back on the cooker to put something in the dishwasher when the flame from the gas hob ignited her dress.
She phoned 999 and two crews from Maidstone fire station were called to the house, in Curzon Road, just before midday.
The fire was out when they arrived, but they applied burns dressings to her back before handing her into the care of the ambulance service.
Maidstone Crew Manager Aaron Hughes said: “The best way to reduce injury if your clothes do catch fire is to follow the stop, drop and roll advice below.”
For more free advice on keeping safe from fire, speak to a Kent Fire and Rescue home safety advisor on 0800 923 7000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
This is a brand new online resource covering every aspect of owning and improving a home in Kent and Medway.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating! PLUS, register for free!.
Neil Miller, Hever Castle head gardener is new gardening blogger.
Buy pictures that you've seen in a KM newspaper, or send in a picture and we will place it on our photo sales website so that you can purchase a super, unique gift.