Published: 16:00, 01 December 2014 |
Updated: 16:50, 01 December 2014
A fire in a tumble dryer destroyed the utility room of a home in Larkfield this morning.
Firefighters were called to Keats Road at 11.06am and spent half an hour at the scene.
Once the blaze was over crews could see 60% of the room had been destroyed and the rest of property had been damaged by fire.
The blaze was accidental and is believed to have started through an electrical fault or build up of dust or fluff in the tumble dryer.
Before leaving the fire fighters fitted two smoke alarms to the property and gave fire safety advice to the occupants.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating!
PLUS, register for free!.
Read our pick of the best holiday destinations. Whether its a weekend break, or something a little bit longer, we have reviewed a wide range of holidays.