Home   Medway   News   Article

Firefighters called to cooking blaze in High Street, Chatham

A woman suffered from smoke inhalation after fire broke out in a flat in Chatham town centre last night.
 
Three fire fighting crews were called to the home in High Street shortly before 7pm and found the blaze on a cooker, which had spread to an extractor fan, had already been put out
 
But the flat was also smoke-logged and fire fighters with a positive pressure ventilation fan used to clear it. 
 
Firefighters were called to the scene. Stock image

Firefighters were called to the scene. Stock image

 
Three fire engines attended the incident.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Live updates

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More