Students have been offered counselling after the sudden death of a teenager.
Jade Hewitt, a student the Medway School of Pharmacy at the Universities at Medway, died last Monday.
The 19-year-old died at her home in Otway Street, Chatham.
Jade Hewitt was a pharmacy student
An inquest into her death was opened and adjourned on Friday.
The initial cause of death has been recorded as suspension, pending toxicology results.
A full inquest will be held at a later date.
The University of Kent, which runs the pharmacy school with the University of Greenwich, has announced Jade’s death on its website.
The Chatham Maritime Universities at Medway campus
The post reads: “We are saddened to learn of the death of Jade Hewitt, who was an MPharm 2 student at Kent.
“Our thoughts are with Jade’s family and friends.
“Medway Student Support and Wellbeing are available for counselling sessions for both staff and students.”