Share

Broken cloud

Fri

11°C | 5°C

Cloudy

Sat

12°C | 8°C

Light rain

Sun

13°C | 7°C

Home   Medway   News   Article

Gillingham teenager taken to Medway Maritime Hospital after chimney collapse at his home

19 February 2014
by Nicola Jordan
Firefighters were in attendance

A fire engine

A teenage boy suffered cuts to his head after part of a chimney collapsed on him at the family home in Gillingham.
 
The 15-year-old was asleep in his bedroom when the stack started to crumble at the house in Gillingham Road just before midnight on Monday.
 
Firefighters were called to make the the terrace property safe.
 
Paramedics treated the boy at the  scene and took him to Medway Maritime Hospital as a precaution.
 
Paul Wood, watch manager, said: "It must have been a bit of a shock to him. But thankfully he was not seriously injured and was able to walk out of the house.
 
"We advised the family to sleep downstairs and get it repaired the following day."
 
It is not believed the incident was weather related.
 
  • Do you know the boy? Contact the newsroom on 01634 227803. 

Click here for more news from Medway.

Click here for more news from around the county.