Published: 09:30, 26 March 2016 |
Updated: 09:38, 26 March 2016
Two people were rescued by firefighters after a blaze in a house in Cliffe last night.
Fire crews were sent to Reed Street at 11.35pm yesterday and led a man and a woman to safety.
A fire had broken out in an upstairs bedroom and the occupants had tried to put it out themselves.
A Kent Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Crews entered the property wearing breathing apparatus and led a woman to safety from the bedroom.
"She had been attempting to extinguish the fire with buckets of water.
"Crews also rescued a man from the room. Both were give oxygen therapy but were not taken to hospital."
The fire was contained to the bedroom and firefighters used a powerful fan to ventilate the house.
The spokesman added that the fire was believed to have been caused by smoking materials.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating!
PLUS, register for free!.
Read our pick of the best holiday destinations. Whether its a weekend break, or something a little bit longer, we have reviewed a wide range of holidays.