Your location is set to Dartford
Published: 00:00, 06 June 2014 |
Updated: 16:31, 06 June 2014
A fire which almost completely destroyed a bedroom at a Margate home last night is believed to have been started by accident in a bed.
Two fire engines from Margate and one from Ramsgate went to the two storey house in Vicarage Place at 8.30pm.
There had been one person in the house when the fire started but they had got out safely by the time fire crews arrived.
This followed initial reports that people may be trapped.
Firefighters used a positive pressure ventilation fan to remove dense smoke from the first floor and they were at the scene for two hours.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
This is a brand new online resource covering every aspect of owning and improving a home in Kent and Medway.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating! PLUS, register for free!.
Neil Miller, Hever Castle head gardener is new gardening blogger.
Buy pictures that you've seen in a KM newspaper, or send in a picture and we will place it on our photo sales website so that you can purchase a super, unique gift.