Your location is set to Dartford
Published: 10:00, 19 May 2016 |
Updated: 11:56, 20 May 2016
A man has been treated for burn injuries after an e-cigarette burst into flames.
The incident happened in Margate after the man in his mid-30s inserted a battery into the device the wrong way round.
Fire crews have issued a fresh warning after the incident, reminding people to always take notice of any warnings supplied with the product.
The safety advice continued by saying e-cigarette users must follow instructions provided by the manufacturer and ensure that e-cigarettes are not left charging for long periods of time.
A final reminder was issued to people to not leave e-cigarettes plugged in overnight or when they are out of the house.
The man, who suffered minor burns, was treated at the scene by fire crews and there was no fire damage to the property.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
This is a brand new online resource covering every aspect of owning and improving a home in Kent and Medway.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating! PLUS, register for free!.
Neil Miller, Hever Castle head gardener is new gardening blogger.
Buy pictures that you've seen in a KM newspaper, or send in a picture and we will place it on our photo sales website so that you can purchase a super, unique gift.