Published: 10:15, 27 July 2017 |
Updated: 10:27, 27 July 2017
A woman had to be rescued by fire crews during the night after a house fire broke out - believed to have been started by a discarded cigarette.
Two fire engines were called to the home in Hardres Street, Ramsgate, after the blaze started in a bedroom.
The home had no working smoke alarms but as the bedroom door was shut the fire was contained to that room.
A fire service spokesman said: "Kent Fire and Rescue Service responded to a fire in Hardres Street, Ramsgate at 1.22am.
"Firefighters were quickly on the scene to find a woman had climbed out of her first floor bedroom window and was standing on the roof of a bay window.
"Crews pitched a 10m ladder and brought the woman to safety. Her adult son had managed to get out of the property, prior to KFRS’ arrival."
Both were checked over at the scene by paramedics and the woman was treated for the effects of breathing in smoke.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
We have four editions of our Kent Homes, Gardens and Interiors magazine for you to read. Click here to view them all.