Home   Ashford   News   Article

Firefighters rescued 92-year-old woman who collapsed at her home in Great Chart, Ashford after burning her dinner

Firefighters broke into the home of a 92-year-old woman who had collapsed after burning her dinner.

Emergency crews were called to the property in Great Chart at around 9.10pm when her personal life line was triggered by her smoke alarm.

The woman had been cooking rice but it had been left on the hob for a while and burnt. When she saw the billowing smoke, she tried to leave her house but became dizzy and collapsed.

Stock pic
Stock pic

Firefighter Nathan Pavey said the team broke down her back door while an ambulance crew attended to the pensioner.

She was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure but is not thought to have suffered any serious injuries.

Mr Pavey said: "She is very lucky, really. There was a lot of smoke where the cooker had been left on for so long but there wasn't actually a fire. It could have been much worse."

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More