Home   Ashford   News   Article

Chimney fire in Summer Leeze, Ashford

A fire in a chimney has prompted a safety warning to stop others suffering the same fate.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to the blaze in Summer Leeze in Ashford just after 7.45pm yesterday.

Summer Leeze, Ashford. Picture: Google Streetview
Summer Leeze, Ashford. Picture: Google Streetview

One fire engine attended and crews used a ladder and specialist equipment to get up to the chimney, tackle the blaze and remove debris.

It was all dealt with by 8.30pm.

No injuries were reported, and the cause is believed to be accidental.

Firefighters used the opportunity to remind people to get all chimneys cleaned and inspected to ensure they are in good working order.

Read more: All the latest news from Kent

Read more: All the latest news from Ashford


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More