Home   Ashford   News   Article

Firefighters tackled a car fire outside Lafarge Tarmac, in Watery Lane, Westwell caused by electrical fault


More news, no ads

LEARN MORE

Firefighters were called to tackle a car fire this morning outside a tarmac plant.

One pump was sent to Lafarge Tarmac, in Watery Lane, Westwell around 4.45am.

Crews tackled the flames in a Vauxhall Zafira after it caught light as the driver - a workman at the plant - arrived for work.

Stock pic
Stock pic

The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in the car.

Firefighters used a high pressure hose reel and breathing apparatus to extinguish the flames.

The driver, believed to be in his 60s, was not injured.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More