Published: 09:47, 17 June 2020
| Updated: 09:54, 17 June 2020
A mattress blaze, believed to have been started deliberately, has damaged surrounding structures in a residential area.
The Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to Godfrey Walk, Ashford, at 1.03am today after reports of a fire.
Two fire engines were sent and the crews saw a bin store alight, which is thought to have been caused when a nearby mattress caught fire.
This then spread, burning the roof of a walkway.
Using hoses to extinguish the flames, followed by a fan to clear smoke, the incident ended only half an hour later.
Investigators believe the mattress was set alight deliberately.
More by this authorCharlie Harman
This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)