A house has been nearly destroyed by a gas explosion during the aftermath of Storm Eunice.
The home near Ashford has been left in a ruined state after a power cut mix-up saw a camping stove explode.
Aldington resident June Ferretti was left counting the cost after returning home to the devastation over the weekend.
The Bank Road resident had tried to use the electric hob in her kitchen on Saturday morning, before realising there was a power cut in the area.
Remembering she had an old butane powered camping stove in the garage, she used the canister to make a hot drink before placing the item back on the hob and leaving to stay with her family.
That afternoon her neighbour let her know that the power was back on, and that she could return home.
However, this was shortly followed by another message, informing her there had been an explosion.
An investigation into the incident revealed that the 84-year-old had forgotten to turn the hob off when she attempted to use it during the power cut.
When the power was restored to the home, the hob began to heat up, causing the gas canister – which had been left on the stove – to explode.
Mrs Ferretti has been left ruing the consequences of "such a small and simple mistake, with such a horrendous outcome".
"The windows have completely smashed through, and the blast has caused huge cracks and structural damage throughout the property that may not ever be fixed," she said.
“When I put the camping stove on the hob, I thought it would be safe there because it’s out of the way – I just didn’t think the hob would come on because the electrics were off, and you can’t see things clearly when you’re in that situation.
“I just can’t believe that in a matter of minutes, this small canister caused so much damage. Every single room has got cracks around the ceiling."
She said that she hopes her experience will serve as a lesson to anyone in a similar situation in the future.
"My advice to others is to just never do what I did - always keep the hob clear, and check it’s off when you aren’t using it," she added.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) sent two fire engines and a height vehicle to the scene as one of more than 500 weather-related 999 calls linked to Storm Eunice and Storm Franklin.
More than 230 of those incidents were deemed a risk to life and have required emergency assistance.