Home   Ashford   Sport   Article

FA Trophy/Isthmian League round-up: Ashford United win on penalties while Sheppey United and Ramsgate among those to advance; Chatham retain top spot in the Premier Division

Ashford United beat Met Police 5-4 on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the FA Trophy Second Qualifying Round.

Anthony Edgar took the tie the distance with an 87th-minute equaliser, cancelling out with Shkyler Burrowes’ goal.

Ashford United manager Kevin Watson. Picture: Ian Scammell
Ashford United manager Kevin Watson. Picture: Ian Scammell

Alex Akrofi, Edgar, Ben Gorham, Connor Dymond and Vance Bola were successful from the spot.

Sheppey United edged Swale rivals Sittingbourne 2-1 in front of a crowd of 550 at Holm Park.

Jacob Lambert put the Ites in front at the end of the first half and Brickies old boy Josh Wisson made it two before Javaun Splatt pulled one back.

Ramsgate advanced with a 3-1 home win over Isthmian South East rivals Sevenoaks.

Medy Elito, Joe Taylor and Jack Parter scored for Ben Smith’s side, with Kieran Cadogan replying.

Hythe impressed in a 4-2 win at Chertsey Town.

Frannie Collin scored from the spot and Ethan Smith quickly added a second before Kane Phillip, who recently rejoined the Cannons, made it 3-0 at half-time.

Jack Steventon extended the lead after the break, with Gianluca Botti and Gareth Chendlik pulling a couple back in the last 10 minutes.

Cray Valley eased to a 2-0 win over Hartley Wintney thanks to Adam Coombes’ penalty and a late Freddie Parker goal.

Chatham retained top spot in the Isthmian Premier with a first win in three league games.

They beat Lewes 3-0 at Maidstone Road, with all the goals coming in the last 15 minutes.

Jamie Yila opened the scoring with a penalty and soon doubled Chats’ lead before Ashley Nzala made sure of the points.

Margate came back to earth with a bump after the euphoria of their midweek FA Cup replay victory at Folkestone.

Returning to Ieague action, they were thumped 4-1 at Canvey Island.

Fyn Rutherford pulled a goal back midway through the second half after Gate trailed 3-0 but the hosts ran out big winners with Rob Girdlestone, Bradley Sach, Sam Mvemba and Elliot Ronto their scorers.

David Smith grabbed Folkestone’s first-half equaliser in a 1-1 draw against Whitehawk, for whom Charlie Walker opened the scoring from the penalty spot.

George Porter scored the winner as Cray Wanderers beat Cheshunt 2-1 at Hayes Lane.

Porter - reunited with his old Bromley boss Neil Smith this season - secured the points after Jamie Mascoll’s first-half opener was cancelled out by Solomon Baugh.

Michael Salako scored twice as Herne Bay won 4-2 at Horndean in Isthmian South East.

Salako and Sam German put the visitors in charge, with Zack Willett replying on the stroke of half-time.

Bay restored their two-goal cushion just after the break and Theo Osinfolarin made it 4-1 before a last-minute consolation from Daniel Sibley.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More