Home   Canterbury   News   Article

Firefighters prevented a house in Chartham from being badly damaged after a car caught light on the drive

Firefighters were called to a car alight on a driveway in Chartham yesterday afternoon.

The incident occurred on Shalmsford Street just after 3.30pm, where the fire spread to the windows and doors at the front of a house.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze, using a compressed air foam system and hose reel jets.

Firefighters needed to wear breathing gear. Stock image
Firefighters needed to wear breathing gear. Stock image

Two fire engines attended the scene and the cause of the blaze is believed to be accidental, due to a mechanical issue with the car.

The property was smoke-logged as a result of the fire.

There were no reported injuries.

When the blaze was put out shortly after 4pm, the crew fitted smoke alarms in the house.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More