Home   Canterbury   News   Article

Canterbury: Kitchen fire in St Andrews Close

Firefighters are warning people not to leave cooking unattended following a kitchen fire in Canterbury.

Two fire engines were sent to Saint Andrews Close, shortly after 1.30pm, where they used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames and a ventilation fan to clear the smoke.

The occupant was alerted by the heat detector sounding but suffered some smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene by paramedics.

Firefighters responded to the call. Stock image
Firefighters responded to the call. Stock image

Emergency services had left the scene by 2.40pm.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service are taking the opportunity to highlight the dangers and remind people not to leave pans unattended on the hob. If a pan catches fire, turn off the heat and allow it to cool completely without attempting to move it.

They also urge people to leave firefighting to the professionals, by calling 999.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More