Home   Canterbury   News   Article

Greenhouse fire in Sturry started by patio heater

By Mary Graham

A fire which destroyed a greenhouse was started when a patio heater set fire to plants.

Emergency crews were called to the garden in Herne Bay Road in Sturry to put out the blaze.

The fire spread from the plants to wood and other items inside the structure.

A patio heater was thought to be behind the fire. File image
A patio heater was thought to be behind the fire. File image

Teams were at the home, near Canterbury, from 2.45pm and with the incident under control just after 3pm.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More