Home   Canterbury   News   Article

Elderly woman suffers burns to feet and smoke inhalation after toaster fire at her home in Osprey Close, Whitstable

An elderly woman suffered burns to her feet when her toaster caught fire last night.

As she tried to carry the flaming object outside, molten plastic is thought to have dripped onto her feet.

Two fire engines were called to her house in Osprey Close, Whitstable at 8.30pm.

The blaze was already out when firefighters arrived, but they spent 25 minutes giving the woman first aid.

She was also treated for smoke inhalation.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More