A twitter frenzy about an evacuation at Bluewater sparked speculation of a bomb scare....but was actually just a fire alarm.
News of the incident spread like wildfire on the social media site, with one person claiming to have heard someone shout 'bomb'.
Panicked shoppers are said to have fled the shopping centre, fearing something serious.
But police have confirmed people were actually evacuated after a cooker unit set off a fire alarm at Nando's.
Kent Police tweeted: "Fire alarm caused by cooking appliance in a food outlet. Please do not panic."
Officers were sent to the scene.