Firefighters have rescued a 70-year-old woman from a blazing flat.
The fire took hold in sheltered accommodation in Littlebrook Manor Way at Dartford at around 9.40pm last night.
Six pumps attended the three-storey building and fire crews used two hose reel jets and a hydrant to tackle the fire in a ground floor flat.
The rescued woman suffered smoke inhalation.
The ground and first floors were heavily smoke-logged and crews wearing breathing apparatus carried out a full search of the remaining flats.
The incident was scaled down just before 11.30 pm, with firefighters finally leaving at 1.25am.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.