A sharp-eyed lad helped avert possible disaster when he spotted flames coming from a skip.
Sixteen-year-old Sebastian spotted the blaze in Shepherd Lane, Dartford, while driving past with his dad when he realised something was wrong.
His father, Mark Simpson, said: “By the time I had turned round and gone back, the thing was well alight.
“I had to bang on the front door and ring the door bell for quite a bit before the residents answered – they had had no idea anything was wrong.”
The owner was able to move his car parked next to the skip out of harm’s way and the fire service was called.
Window frames on the house were melted, but that was the only damage. Nobody was injured.