Home   Dartford   Sport   Article

Sevenoaks Town 1 Dartford 4 match report

Dartford continued their pre-season with victory at Sevenoaks on Saturday afternoon.

The National League South side showed their quality in the first half and were three goals up by the interval.

Sevenoaks, newly-promoted to the Bostik League, came into the game after the break but Darts were good value for their victory.

Dartford joint-managers Adam Flanagan and Jamie Coyle Picture: Andy Jones
Dartford joint-managers Adam Flanagan and Jamie Coyle Picture: Andy Jones

Dartford bossed the first half on a hot afternoon at the Bourne Stadium.

Kudus Oyenuga's willingness to run in behind the Sevenoaks defence gave them a good outlet on the break while his strike partner Delano Sam-Yorke linked play well when given the ball to feet.

The pair combined in only the second minute as the ball was worked from right to left where Alfie Cue took a touch before rifling a shot into the bottom corner.

Trialist Manny Igahore, given another chance to impress down the right, played a good ball for Oyenuga to chase although goalkeeper Ben Bridle-Card easily saved his snapshot.

It was all Dartford and Igahore's glancing header deflected behind for a corner after some good build-up play down the left.

When Sevenoaks did get forward, they were caught on the counter-attack as the Darts broke to make it 2-0 on 28 minutes.

Oyenuga's pace allowed him to retrieve a long clearance and when he lifted the ball into the middle, Matt Carter was on hand to score.

Carter, one of three trialists in the visitors' starting XI, is a 20-year-old midfielder who was released by Charlton at the end of last season.

Cue powered Oyenuga's pass narrowly wide but a third Dartford goal arrived two minutes before half-time.

Sam-Yorke did well to win the ball on the edge of the Town box and he then finished off the move from close-range after Bridle-Card had parried Igahore's shot.

Simon Mensah sent Igahore clear in stoppage-time at the end of the first half but Bridle-Card was out quickly to make a smart block.

Igahore rattled the post within 15 seconds of the restart and Ronnie Vint had a shot saved from distance.

Sevenoaks registered their first shot on target just before the hour when Zac Attwood extended Darts keeper Deren Ibrahim.

The ball then ran kindly for Sam Crabb but he slashed at the ball and failed to hit the target.

Igahore did likewise at the other end as the game - interrupted by substitutions and water breaks - began to slow down.

The home side pulled a goal back on 66 minutes, breaking away to score through Chris Lavall with Darts players committed upfield.

Alex Anderson sprinted down the Town right and set up Andreas Tobyn for a shot which flashed past Ibrahim's left-hand post.

But it was Dartford who struck next, Vint meeting Ben Greenhalgh's deep cross with an excellent header which looped back over Bridle-Card.

Ryan Saad, one of three Dartford academy players on the pitch in the second half, went close with a low shot before Greenhalgh had a header saved.

Tom Murphy had a goal ruled out for offside late on and Bridle-Card pulled off a fine save to thwart Liam Gillies.

Sevenoaks: Bridle-Card, Miles, Wilson, Cumbers, McIntyre, Saunders, Dalton, Bennett, Pogue, Walker, Fowler. Subs: Attwood, Springett, Anderson, Lovell, Coleman, Tobyn, Crabb.

Dartford: Ibrahim, Driver, Onyemah, Carter, Vint, Bonner, Igahore, Mensah, Sam-Yorke, Oyenuga, Cue. Subs: Roast, T Taylor, Saad, Bradbrook, Noble, Gillies, M Taylor, Greenhalgh, Murphy.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More