Home   Dartford   Sport   Article

Dartford 2 East Thurrock 0 match report

Dartford ended their four-game goalless run with victory at Princes Park on Bank Holiday Monday.

Skipper Tom Bonner and Ben Greenhalgh scored the goals as Darts claimed their third National League South win of the season.

It was an improved performance from the Darts although East Thurrock missed a penalty in the first half and had good chances to equalise at one stage after the break.

Dartford's Mark Onyemah battles with East Thurrock's Danilo Orsi-Dadomo on Monday. Picture: John Westhrop
Dartford's Mark Onyemah battles with East Thurrock's Danilo Orsi-Dadomo on Monday. Picture: John Westhrop

Darts started with a fast tempo against an East Thurrock side who only gained their first win of the season two days earlier.

Kudus Oyenuga had a 20-yard shot straight at keeper Jack Giddens inside the second minute while the returning Lee Noble was at the heart of everything good about Darts early on.

The hosts had a goal ruled out for offside in the ninth minute, Oyenuga appeared to convert Greenhalgh's cross but the flag went up against Elliot Bradbrook.

Seven minutes before the break Darts had a penalty appeal turned down when Lee Burns directed behind Callum Driver's cross for a corner, Bradbrook led the appeals that it came off his arm but the assistant claimed the ball hit Burns' chest.

It mattered little, however, as Dartford scored from the resulting corner. Keeper Giddens flapped at Greenhalgh's delivery and the ball fell invitingly for skipper Bonner to emphatically fire home from close range.

East Thurrock were awarded a golden chance to level the scores just three minutes later from one of the few times they ventured into Dartford's half.

Freddy Moncur's ball into the box hit was handled but skipper Sam Higgins opted for power instead of precision from the resulting penalty and keeper Deren Ibrahim made a fine save with his legs.

East Thurrock showed much more attaking intent after the break and really should have equalised.

Ryan Scott had what appeared to be good claims for a penalty turned down, before Tom Derry went clean through only for substitute Ben Marlow to shoot against the post.

Higgins then outmuscled Bonner but Derry opted against shooting and Higgins fired his lay-off over.

Darts added a second goal on 73 minutes when Noble delivered an inch-perfect right-wing cross for Greenhalgh to nod in at the far post.

Dartford: Ibrahim, Driver, Onyemah, Vint, Bonner, Greenhalgh, Noble (Mensah 75mins), Oyenuga, Murphy (Isaac 75mins), Philpot (Sam-Yorke 55mins), Bradbrook. Subs not used: Roast, Ighorae.

East Thurrock: Giddens, Harris, Stephen, Moncur, Scott, Burns, Orsi-Dadomo (Marlow 55mins), Lee, Higgins, Egan (Simmons 80mins), Derry (Kellum 80mins). Subs not used: Miller, Knight.

Attendance: 1,114.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More