Home   Dartford   Sport   Article

Dartford 0 Wealdstone 3 match report

Sorry Dartford were well beaten at home by Wealdstone in National League South on Saturday.

The Darts never looked like troubling the visitors once Bradley Bubb put Wealdstone into an early lead.

It's now three games without a goal for Adam Flanagan and Jamie Coyle's side, who ran out of ideas in the second half.

Dartford's Tom Murphy battles for possession. Picture: Andy Payton
Dartford's Tom Murphy battles for possession. Picture: Andy Payton

Dartford had started brightly enough with Chez Isaac firing over from the edge of the box inside four minutes.

But Wealdstone kept the ball well to take the sting out of the game before taking a 17th-minute lead.

Lapse defending by Ronnie Vint let in ex-Fleet striker Bubb and he forced his way beyond keeper Deren Ibrahim before scoring from an acute angle.

Ibrahim then did well to turn away Connor Stevens' header from a Danny Green corner.

Darts responded with Ben Greenhalgh forcing keeper Jonathan North into action from distance.

But it was Wealdstone who looked the most dangerous and they carved Darts open again just after the half-hour.

David Pratt and Jeffrey Monakana were both denied within a minute before Bubb made no mistake from close range after Pratt's header came back off the crossbar.

Delano Sam-Yorke nearly had an opening to pull one back just before half-time after North's poor clearance but Jerome Okimo made a fine challenge.

It was the same story after the break as Bubb was nearly in for a third straight from the restart.

The third goal arrived eight minutes into the half and was a quality finish from Monakana. Cutting in from the left, the Wealdstone winger curled in a brilliant right-foot shot from 25 yards via the underside of the crossbar.

Dartford win the ball against Wealdstone. Picture: Andy Payton
Dartford win the ball against Wealdstone. Picture: Andy Payton

It should have been 4-0 midway through the half as a short Dartford free-kick gifted Wealdstone the ball. Monakana led the counter attack but Bubb somehow headed wide from close range.

Bubb and Monakana both went close to adding a fourth late on as Wealdstone never looked in trouble against a Dartford side still trying to find their feet.

Dartford: Ibrahim, Driver, Onyemah, Roast, Vint, Bonner, Greenhalgh, Oyenuga, Murphy, Sam-Yorke (Cue 64mins), Isaac (Ighorae 64mins). Subs not used: Philpot, Nicholls, Mensah.

Wealdstone: North, Tyler, Grant, Stevens, Okimo, Poku, Monakana (Mitchell 83mins), Ahmidi, Pratt, Green, Bubb (White 86mins). Subs not used: Mambo, Clark, Lench.

Attendance: 981.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More