Fire safety advice has been issued following a kitchen blaze in a home in Walmer.
Two crews, wearing breathing apparatus, fought the flames after the fire broke out in the property in Blake Close at about 6.20pm last night (Friday).
Crew manager Danny Yates said: "A woman had been cooking and the fat overheated, caught alight and set fire to the cooker hood and cooker.
"She did everything right. She got out, called 999 and stayed out."
The property suffered some smoke damage but it was contained.
Firefighters will be in the Walmer area today, handing out fire safety leaflets.
"The safety advice we'd like to put out is don't ever leave cooking unattended," he said.