Home   Deal   News   Article

Office destroyed in Deal fire

Kent Fire and Rescue Service. Stock image
Kent Fire and Rescue Service. Stock image

Fire-fighters are urging people to be careful how they dispose of cigarettes following a fire which destroyed an office in Deal yesterday evening.

It happened at 6.30pm at a small building in Northwall Road.

One of the staff was still in another part of the premises when he heard the sound of flames crackling coming from the office, and returned to find it was alight.

Two Deal fire crews attended and used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to tackle the blaze.

A fire service spokesman said the fire was caused by a cigar which had not been put out properly.

"We urge people to dispose of all smoking materials safely and to make sure that they are completely out," he said.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More