Published: 09:00, 20 September 2020
| Updated: 09:25, 20 September 2020
Crews in two engines were required to tackle an out of control bonfire in Deal .
The blaze in Telegraph Road became unmanageable when it spread to nearby hedge, trees, a shed and a woodpile.
Firefighters responded to the incident just before 11.30am yesterday, bringing it under control using hose reel jets in less than half an hour.
No injuries were reported but safety advice has now been issued.
A spokesman said: "Following the incident, firefighters are urging everyone to take care when lighting a bonfire.
"Please remember to build bonfires well away from buildings, fences and greenery, never leave a bonfire unattended, make sure bonfires are fully extinguished once finished with, and avoid lighting a bonfire in high winds, as this can result in embers or flames spreading more easily."