Home   Faversham   Sport   Article

Ryman League round-up

Margate extended their lead at the top of the Ryman League Premier Division to seven points with a 3-1 win over Bognor Regis Town.

Luke Moore opened the scoring after seven minutes and Lewis Taylor made it 2-0, from the spot, before the break.

Ryan Moss made it 3-0 with 16 minutes left, before Town grabbed a late consolation through Dan Sackman.

Marcus Power scored a late goal for VCD Athletic, but they couldn't force a draw at Billericay Town, losing 2-1.

A first-half Richard Halle penalty and Glenn Poole strike on 70 minutes left had put the hosts 2-0 up.

Maidstone and Tonbridge Angels were in FA Trophy action.

The Stones lost 2-0 at home to AFC Sudbury, while Tonbridge beats Grays Athletic 2-0.

Faversham missed the chance to move four points clear at the top of Ryman League Division 1 South after they drew 3-3 at bottom club Walton Casuals.

With second-placed Burgess Hill and third-placed Folkestone playing each other in the FA Trophy, Faversham will rue throwing two points against 10 men.

Faversham led 2-0 at the break through Wayne Wilson and David Botterill, before Jordan Cheadle pulled one back from the spot after 54 minutes.

Faversham's Dave Botterill
Faversham's Dave Botterill

Cheadle then turned from hero to villain when he saw red eight minutes later, but the 10 men battled on and goals from Gabriel Odunaike on 70 minutes and Merrick James-Lewis on 84, looked to have won it for the home side.

However, Faversham saved a point thanks to Botterill's final-minute strike.

Hythe Town had two players sent off but managed to fight back for a point against Chipstead.

Dan Moody gave Chipstead the lead after 10 minutes, and it got worse four minutes later for Town when Dave Cook was ordered off.

However, Hythe drew level 13 minutes into the second half thanks to Phil Stevenson's pot-kick, and despite losing James Morrish on 83 minutes, they hung on for a point.

Herne Bay claimed all the points in their derby clash with Sittingbourne at Winch's Field.

Stuart King gave Bay the lead on 34 minutes and they completed the win a minute before time thanks to Danny Walder's penalty.

The win moved Bay to within a point of their visitors and just three off the play-offs.

At the other end of the table, Ramsgate are just three points from safety after they lost 3-0 at Corinthian Casuals.

They trailed to a Joe Hicks goal at the break, before two second-half strikes from Jamie Bryatt sealed the win for the home side.

Meanwhile Whitstable's play-off hopes took a knock as they were held to a 0-0 draw at strugglers East Grinstead Town.

In Ryman League Division 1 North, Chatham lost 2-1 at leaders Needham Market.

Rhys Henry gave Market the lead on 40 minutes, before Junior Kaffo levelled for Chats on 70 minutes.

However the home side retook the lead two minutes later through Luke Ingram and held on for the points.

Cray Wanderers and Thamesmead were both in FA Trophy action. Wanderers progressed, but Town were lost out in a seven-goal thriller.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More