Home   Folkestone   News   Article

Firefighters issue warning to smokers after Folkestone skip fire

Firefighters have issued a warning to smokers after tackling a skip fire last night.

Crews were called to Bouverie Place, in Folkestone, around 11.30pm following reports of the blaze.

A spokesman said the team believed the fire had been caused be a passer by throwing a cigarette into the skip that was still alight.

A cigarette butt. Picture: Thinkstock
A cigarette butt. Picture: Thinkstock

One pump was sent to the scene, where crews spent around half an hour extinguishing the fire with the hydrant.

The spokesman said: "Just be careful when discarding cigarettes and make sure they are fully extinguished before you throw them in a bin."

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More