Firefighters were called after a neighbour heard a smoke alarm and spotted smoke pouring out of a house next door.
Crews went to the two-storey home in Harvey Street in Folkestone shortly before 8pm yesterday (Saturday, May 14).
Inside they used breathing masks and a hose reel to dowse a pan which had been left on the hob accidentally.
The pan had been left unattended, and had caused smoke logging to the home, forcing crews to use a pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke from the premises.
No one was reported hurt during the incident.