Published: 11:57, 03 May 2019
| Updated: 12:24, 03 May 2019
A seagull has been rescued from a rooftop after onlookers spotted it dangling from a chimney.
Two fire engines rushed to Castle Avenue, Folkestone this morning, using height ladders to reach the bird and bring it to safety.
The poor creature was left helpless after its beak got trapped on a chimney pot by fishing wire.
Danny Pope and his colleague noticed the seagull, which looked stuck, and alerted the RSPCA.
Kent Fire and Rescue said: "We were called to assist RSPCA with an incident involving a seagull trapped on a chimney pot near Castle Hill Avenue in Folkestone at around 10:06am on May 3.
"The seagull was trapped by its beak, dangling from the chimney pot by fishing wire.
"A height vehicle was used to rescue the bird, which is now in the care of the RSPCA."