Two people have been arrested after "traces of cannabis" were found in a house following a fire.
KentOnline's sister paper, the Folkestone & Hythe Express today revealed the pair - a 36-year-old woman and 37-year-old man - had been taken in for questioning in connection with the discovery.
They were released on bail until May 25 pending further inquiries, police said.
Scroll down for video
A woman has spoken of the horrifying moment she stood in the street and watched flames spread into her home.
Carolina Simmons, who lives in Alexandra Street, Folkestone, was at home on Friday when the loft space of the house next door caught fire, causing a major blaze.
Speaking to KentOnline's sister newspaper, the Folkestone & Hythe Express in her badly damaged home, she said if the fire had happened at night they would have died.
Ms Simmons, who lives in the house with her partner and two dogs, said: “I didn’t smell anything, I just saw a haze.
“It wasn’t until I opened the door I smelt smoke and I didn’t look up to see anything.
“I just thought it was a bonfire at first but then the neighbours came and said ‘get out of the house, it’s on fire’.
“If it had happened at night, we would be dead.”
Greyhounds Dan, 10, and Swift, six, were taken out of the house first, followed by a guitar collection.
Ms Simmons added: “We got the dogs out first and put some guitars in the car, there was no fire in our house at that stage.
“Once the fire brigade came they were concentrating on next door and it just happened to be the way the wind was going at the time.
“We were just watching in horror.”
The upstairs space had been recently renovated and Ms Simmons said it will cost thousands to put right.
The three-storey property was gutted in the days afterwards, with a pile of debris stacked up outside the front over the weekend.
It was loaded into a skip and taken away on Monday afternoon.
The flames obliterated the roof, which is under temporary shelter and the newly decorated rooms within the loft space were unrecognisable.
The stairs from the ground floor were still damp where a hose reel had been fed into the property during the blaze and the walls stained with dirt.
Ms Simmons estimated it could be eight months before the house returns to some form of normality.
She said she has relied on friends’ sofas and a night’s stay in the Hotel Burstin as temporary accommodation, but most places do not accept her dogs.
People have also donated items to the couple,
She said: “A lot of people have been rallying around and there are a lot of people I want to thank.
“It is really difficult to say to say how I feel, but I know I’m angry.
“I’m not sure it has sunk in, it’s property at the end of the day and no one was killed.”