Home   Folkestone   News   Article

George Mee from Folkestone 'stabbed friend 11 times'

A man stabbed a former school pal 11 times after a simmering four-year row, it has been claimed.

George Mee took a knife to where Liam May was playing on a computer in June last year and launched his ferocious attack, a court has heard.

Afterwards, the 21-year-old is alleged to have told a friend: “Yes. I can’t believe I’ve got revenge. I’ve finally got him. That’s what you get. Don’t mess with me!”

Canterbury Crown Court
Canterbury Crown Court

Prosecutor Simon Taylor told a jury: “Mee harboured a degree of resentment towards Mr May following an altercation four years ago.

Mee, of Cromwell Park Place in Folkestone, has denied attempted murder and is expected to say he acted in self-defence.

The prosecutor told Canterbury Crown Court that Mr May was visiting the home of friend Jack Thrale at a caravan in the rear garden of property in Biggins Wood Road.

He said: “Just prior to the attack, Mr May and Mr Thrale were playing computer games in the caravan and it was intended they smoke some cannabis.

“However, while they were playing, Mr May saw Mee walk up to the caravan, enter and take away what he believed was a cannabis grinder.”

“Mee harboured a degree of resentment towards Mr May following an altercation four years ago..." Prosecutor Simon Taylor

Mr Taylor claimed Mee returned minutes later armed with a knife and began the attack.

“Mr May has described how he could feel several impacts. At the time but did not realise he was being stabbed," he claimed

“It was then that Mr Thrale intervened and the two men managed to stop Mee’s attack, causing the knife to be dropped to the floor."

Mee then left in his friend’s car as Mr May went to a nearby house where Mr Thrale’s mother, Susan tried to stem the flow of blood.

She later told police how she found Mr May “hunched over and stumbling” and she could see “a slice on his cheek and his face was hanging off”.

The prosecutor added that Mrs Thrale then removed Mr May’s top and discovered knife wounds to his shoulder, chest and back.

The incident happened in Biggins Wood Road in Folkestone
The incident happened in Biggins Wood Road in Folkestone

He was later taken to King’s College Hospital in London and treated for wounds to his face and jaw bone, right shoulder, chest, left shoulder, forearm and elbow.

Mee handed himself in at Folkestone Police Station the following day but answered “no comment” to all of the question.

After leaving the property, car driver Naomi Kendall said Mee returned covered in blood and breathing heavily, telling her "Get me out of here!"

During the journey to Tontine Street she alleged Mee repeatedly punched the dashboard, telling her: "I dropped my shank, now I'm going to get nicked!"

The trial continues.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More