A popular seafront walkway currently being upgraded will follow a slightly tweaked route when it reopens next month.
They have now confirmed the route will have “slight adjustments” when it reopens, and contractors are currently digging out a new section closer to the sea in front of the Shoreline flats.
Bosses say the works will allow the “new permanent boardwalk to be laid and replace the old temporary one”.
An FHSDC spokesman said: “The start and end point is being maintained for the boardwalk route with slight adjustments in the positioning of a small section.
“It is a minor modification and the focus is largely on improving and relaying the boardwalk.
“There are plans in the future for links to be added through the shingle gardens connecting Leas Lift Square and Marine Parade directly to the boardwalk."
During Storm Ciaran earlier this month, part of the boardwalk could be seen covered in water but FHSDC confirmed the works have “nothing to do with temporary water pooling after the storm”.
The company says now is the “best time” to undertake the work due to “lower footfall”.
The footpath runs along the former Rotunda site on the seafront, connecting the Leas Lift area with the former Folkestone Harbour station.
A precise reopening date is yet to be released, but FHSDC said the work would take “approximately four weeks” on November 20.