Two people have been released on bail in connection with a reported stabbing in Folkestone last week.
But mystery still surrounds the extent of the victim’s injuries as officers are still searching for the man who is believed to have been knifed.
Witnesses said they saw an incident on Wednesday afternoon involving three people before walking off “in a poor state”.
A member of the public reported two men and a woman arguing at 2.40pm in Sussex Road, after which one of the men showed witnesses a wound.
They described him as being “clearly injured”. The man is thought to have been an 18 to 22-year-old, who is still missing a week after the attack.
Police said they were extremely concerned that the injured man may need urgent medical attention. But despite an appeal attempts to find the man have been unsuccessful.
He was last seen walking along Foord Road near the Wilmoths Citroen dealership towards the town centre.
The missing man is white, 18 to 22 years old, of skinny build and with mousey coloured hair.
He spoke slowly and was wearing a grey tracksuit.
Police cordoned off a section of Sussex Road, where it intersects with Bradstone Avenue near the Tesco Express store, for potential evidence gathering.
Two people, a man and a woman were arrested in connection with the incident and were remanded in custody before being released on bail until Tuesday, February 24.
A Kent Police spokesman said: “The caller had described two lads arguing at first and that after the incident the alleged victim had walked off in a poor state.
“Inquiries are continuing. The two people arrested have been released on bail until February 24 while officers make further inquiries.”
Stories you might have missed