A long-running murder investigation into the death of a woman in a flat above a takeaway has been closed after almost two years.
The probe was launched by detectives after the grisly discovery of a body over the former Spicy Touch Indian restaurant in Lyminge, near Folkestone, on Valentine's Day last year.
A 36-year-old man from Deal was arrested in connection with her death but was subsequently released pending further investigations.
Now, after a lengthy and complex investigation, Kent Police has confirmed the woman's death is no longer being treated as suspicious and no charges will be brought.
The identity of the dead woman, who was in her 40s, has never been made public, but police say her family has been receiving regular communication from the force throughout.
On the anniversary of the death in February, KentOnline returned to the village to speak to members of the community about the case.
People expressed their concern that the death - which at the time remained a potential murder - was being "brushed under the carpet".
The Indian takeaway had since shut down, and still very little was known about the circumstances of the tragedy.
Some villagers believed the woman had only moved to the village a short time before her untimely death, and that is why no one locally seemed to know who she was or how she had died.
There had been very little by way of updates from Kent Police, which said at the time that a murder enquiry was still ongoing.
The force also confirmed the suspect arrested remained under investigation
But this week a spokesman revealed the probe had been brought to a close, almost 21 months after the woman's body was discovered.
A police spokesman said: "Kent Police attended a property in Lyminge on the morning of February 14, 2021, and a woman was pronounced deceased at the scene.
"A 36-year-old man was later arrested in connection with the death and released under investigation while appropriate enquiries were carried out.
"Following a detailed investigation by detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, which involved complex medical evidence, the death is no longer being treated as suspicious and a report will be prepared for the coroner.
"The man who was previously arrested has been released without charge.
"The woman's family have been kept updated throughout the investigation."
An inquest into the woman's death is expected to be held now any potential criminal proceedings have been concluded.